Friday, May 7, 2010

Trying the potty training thing


Yesterday I decided to try big girl underwear on Rozalyn hoping to maybe start potty training. We have every once in a while put Rozalyn on the potty to see what would happen and nothing became of it so I really didn't push it that much. So a few days ago I went and bought her underwear. I even let her pick them out, you know make her feel like a big girl. So Yesterday afternoon after nap time I decided to put them on her and let her run around in the backard. I kept telling her that if she needed to go potty to let me know. Well that didn't work so well because fifteen minutes she pooped in them. So I changed her and put new underwear on her and everyhour took into the bathroom and set her on the potty and she actually went. I was so excited for her that she went pee pee in the potty. I also told her each time she went in the potty she could have two m&m's so that was kind of an insentive. She did really well for about four hours and then she was sitting on John's lap outside and it was almost her bedtime so I was waiting to take her potty one last time. I guess i waited to long and john had asked me to take her before that but I didn't and she peed on John. A big pee pee. I just laughed because it was all down his side and got on his phone and on his big chair. He wasn't to thrilled that I was laughing at him but perhaps he deserved it. So maybe instead of big girl underwear right away I will get some pull-ups and try those first until she is completely potty trained. My baby girl is growing up to fast but at the same time I am ready for her to be out of diapers. Two kids in diapers kind of gets expensive.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha at least it wasn't you. I am sure you have had your turn getting pooed on or peed on so it must have been his turn. They sure do grow up too fast!

    ReplyDelete